£25,000 Offers over
Stunning plot of land with full planning permission to build a three bedroom family home
Stunning plot of land with full planning permission to build a three bedroom family home situated on Station Road in the village of Garelochhead.
The site is situated on Station Road in the village of Garelochhead. The train station sits at the top of the road, which is less than a 2 minute walk, and connects to the spectacular West Highland line providing connections to Glasgow with an approximate 1 hour journey time. Garelochhead itself contains all essential amenities including local shops, a post office and tea rooms, as well as a pub, a medical centre and primary school, among other amenities.
The closest town is Helensburgh on the shore of the Firth of Clyde which is approximately a 15 minute drive, although can also be easily reached by regular public transport. Helensburgh provides further amenities and entertainment and has larger shops such as Waitrose, Boots and Superdrug as well as plenty of local shops, cafes, bars, restaurants and an independent cinema.
There are lots of scenic destinations around the area. Loch Lomond is around half an hour's drive. The Rosneath peninsula to the west side of the loch is also an attractive destination. Walks are also plentiful including links to the Three Lochs Way just down the road from the site.
The site itself slopes steeply to the west, towards the Loch. In order to take advantage of solar heat gain and the views of the loch the house has been envisaged as an 'upside-down' house with the upper floor housing the living spaces and hall leading to a partly double-height living room, a kitchen/dining space and a cloak room and utility room. Double doors from the living room lead out on to an external terrace with spectacular views over the loch.
The project has been granted full planning permission and has been designed with a view to take advantage of the slope by minimising the initial earthworks required and keeping the cost low. The building structure is intended to be a simple timber frame kit using Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs). The main structure timber frame has been costed at £39,350 (plans and details available on request). An air-source heat pump, a wood burning stove and a heat recovery system have been specified and should be able to recover heat not just from kitchen and bathrooms, but also from the attic space housing the equipment, which would have roof windows intended to build up solar gain in the space.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
This house description is based upon information supplied by the owner, or on behalf of the owner. These property particulars are produced in good faith and do not constitute or form part of any contract. s1homes do not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained in this document.
If a property value displays '0', don't worry it just means no properties have been sold in that area during that time.
Sold house price data is supplied to us by the Registers of Scotland, a government department responsible for compiling and maintaining property registers, every month. There can be a delay of up to 3 months from when a property is sold to being recorded with Registers of Scotland. We provide house price data for your information only, we do not accept any liability for any errors. If you have noticed any incorrect information, please contact Registers of Scotland.