£580,000 Offers over
Victorian period home built for the McMillan family providing accomodation over 2 levels and tower. Offering flexible accommodation extending to some 6 bedrooms and 3/4 main public rooms. Magnificent period features mixed with modern up-grading works make this a fine 19th Century home.
Nestled within established tree-lined grounds and built in the late 19th Century for the shipbuilder, Robert McMillan, Methlan House is a fabulous B-listed Victorian home extending over 2 levels and retains a wealth of period features whilst offering spacious and flexible accommodation throughout.
Ground floor accommodation comprises: Entrance vestibule; Elegant reception hallway with period fireplace; Two WC/cloak rooms; Magnificent bay windowed drawing room which extends to the open plan dining area; Kitchen with period fireplace, sitting area; Bay windowed family room; Study; Gym; Laundry room.
The first floor is accessed via two staircase, with the main one having a stunning stained glass window at the half landing, where the hallway has a period fireplace and staircase access to the two tower rooms; Master Bedroom with e-suite 4 piece bathroom; 5 further bedrooms; Games room; Magnificent 5 piece bathroom with sauna, bath, WHB, WC and shower.
A new gas boiler was installed only a year ago and this heats the whole house and supplies hot water.
A winding tar macadam and stone chip drive leads to the property. At the side is an enclosed and private lawned area with southerly aspects.
Drawing Room 29' 2" inc. bay x 18' 3" ( 8.89m inc. bay x 5.56m )
Dining Area 17' 8" x 11' 6" ( 5.38m x 3.51m )
Kitchen 23' 6" x 17' 6" ( 7.16m x 5.33m )
Utitly Room/2nd Kitchen 17' 6" x 13' 3" ( 5.33m x 4.04m )
Family Room 29' 2" inc. bay x 18' 5" ( 8.89m inc. bay x 5.61m )
Study 17' 7" x 16' ( 5.36m x 4.88m )
Master Bedroom 27' 5" inc. bay x 18' 5" ( 8.36m inc. bay x 5.61m )
Bedroom 19' 5" inc. bay x 18' 6" ( 5.92m inc. bay x 5.64m )
Bedroom 17' 8" x 16' 7" ( 5.38m x 5.05m )
Bedroom 17' 6" x 15' 11" ( 5.33m x 4.85m )
Bedroom 17' 7" x 15' 9" ( 5.36m x 4.80m )
Games Room/bedroom 17' 5" x 13' 7" ( 5.31m x 4.14m )
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
This house description is based upon information supplied by the owner, or on behalf of the owner. These property particulars are produced in good faith and do not constitute or form part of any contract. s1homes do not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained in this document.
If a property value displays '0', don't worry it just means no properties have been sold in that area during that time.
Sold house price data is supplied to us by the Registers of Scotland, a government department responsible for compiling and maintaining property registers, every month. There can be a delay of up to 3 months from when a property is sold to being recorded with Registers of Scotland. We provide house price data for your information only, we do not accept any liability for any errors. If you have noticed any incorrect information, please contact Registers of Scotland.