£227,500 Offers over
Charming traditional cottage with 6 principle apartments steeped in history with Queen Victoria once paying her toll to allow onwards travel. Set in glorious countryside with wonderful open aspects to the front and rear.
The original format of the property dates back approx. 500 years with the 'Toll House' being added a number of years later. Situated within the National Park and well positioned in the hub of tourist activity for access to Callander, Brig O' Turk, Killin and beyond.
Currently run as a holiday let the property offers excellent potential to continue in this format but also lends itself to returning to a traditional family home.
The flexible accommodation is found all on one level and consists of well proportioned lounge with bay window, living room, 4 bedrooms, 2 kitchens and two bathrooms.
Toll House retains a period feel and a real warmth and charm. On a practical note there is double glazing along with electric storage heating.
To the side of the property is extensive parking provision for a number of family sized cars. Access to the other side leads to a brick garage. The private rear garden offers patio area and terraced lawned section with an array of trees and shrubs. As mentioned the garden offers a fabulous position to enjoy the surrounding scenic countryside.
Kilmahog is a short journey from the town of Callander which is renowned for its lovely setting amidst the Trossachs, now part of the National Park and providing good local shopping and excellent schooling facilities as well as being on the doorstep of some glorious countryside, which provides all forms of amenities for outdoor enthusiasts. Callander is well located for access to Central Scotland, Stirling being 16 miles away and Glasgow about 37 miles. As a consequence the town has become increasingly popular with commuters to the major towns as well as being an important centre for tourism. Schools - Callander Primary School and McLaren High School.
Kitchen 1 8' 4" x 7' 3" ( 2.54m x 2.21m )
Kitchen 2 6' 6" x 7' 10" ( 1.98m x 2.39m )
Lounge 16' 4" Into Bay x 18' 3" ( 4.98m Into Bay x 5.56m )
Sitting Room/bed 4 11' 8" x 14' 9" ( 3.56m x 4.50m )
Living Room 14' 11" Plus Recess x 10' 5" Plus Door Recess ( 4.55m Plus Recess x 3.18m Plus Door Recess )
Bedroom 1 12' Max x 11' 1" Max ( 3.66m Max x 3.38m Max )
Bedroom 2 11' 11" x 11' 11" Plus Door Recess ( 3.63m x 3.63m Plus Door Recess )
Bedroom 3/study 11' 8" x 5' 11" ( 3.56m x 1.80m )
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
This house description is based upon information supplied by the owner, or on behalf of the owner. These property particulars are produced in good faith and do not constitute or form part of any contract. s1homes do not take any responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained in this document.
If a property value displays '0', don't worry it just means no properties have been sold in that area during that time.
Sold house price data is supplied to us by the Registers of Scotland, a government department responsible for compiling and maintaining property registers, every month. There can be a delay of up to 3 months from when a property is sold to being recorded with Registers of Scotland. We provide house price data for your information only, we do not accept any liability for any errors. If you have noticed any incorrect information, please contact Registers of Scotland.