1. Introduction to buying a home in Scotland
- The initial steps of buying your first home
- Finding the right property & organising viewings
2. Arranging a mortgage for your home
- How much can I afford?
- The different types of mortgage
- Comparing deals & getting your first mortgage
- Making an offer & negotiating property prices
3. Working with estate agents & solicitors
- Getting the most from estate agents
- Conveyancing & the legal side of buying a house
- Help to Buy (Scotland) Affordable New Build Scheme
- Help to buy ISA for first-time buyers
- Shared Equity
- Stamp Duty (Land and Buildings Transaction Tax)
- Homebuyer's checklist for a smooth journey
- Final advice & tips when moving into your first home
- Who is responsible for paying for the Home Report?
- How do I get a copy of the Home Report?
- What is included in the Home Report?
- Can I contact the surveyor for clarification on points I don't understand?
- Will I have to pay for additional surveys?